Safeguarding and welfare is a priority for Test Valley Golf Club and from 2021 it is a requirement for all golf clubs to hold the Safe Golf accreditation as an Affiliated Golf Club to England Golf. Being a Safe Golf Club will help ensure all players understand what they need to do to create a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
Government guidance makes it clear that ‘safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility’, and we all have a part to play. It is essential that every sector in the golfing community, including players, officials and club staff take the safety of young players seriously.
In October 2018, England Golf launched a national standalone safeguarding accreditation called SafeGolf which is a partnership of UK golf bodies committed to promoting a safe and positive environment for all those participating, working and volunteering in the sport of golf. The safeguarding standards of SafeGolf include the following:-
• Adopting the England Golf safeguarding policy.
• Communicating this to members, visitors, staff, volunteers and parents.
• Ensuring the appropriate safeguarding procedures are in place for the recruitment and deployment of staff and volunteers who work with children.
• Appointing a club welfare officer, with a clear role description and training.
• Providing regular training in safeguarding and child protection for professionals, staff and volunteers who regularly work with children.
Our Safeguarding Policy is a club welfare policy put in place for the protection of ALL members.
Click to here view the Test Valley GC Adult Safeguarding Policy
Click to here view the Test Valley GC Child Safeguarding Policy
Alastair Briggs – Acting Club Welfare Officer – [email protected]